Sustainable Transportation Fuels -- Anchoring Themes
May 29, 2015
10:15 – 11:45 a.m. PDT
Gary Dirks, Director of LightWorks, Arizona State University
Paul Bryan, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering Department, UC Berkeley
Sharon Burke, New America Foundation
Kathryn Clay, American Gas Association
Mike Tamor, Ford Motor Company
This webinar creates context with four major anchoring themes relevant to the future of transportation energy and fuels for which there is currently limited horizontal knowledge integration at the interfaces among relevant stakeholders. Watch and listen to the entire webinar below.
After a brief introduction, this webinar introduces four anchoring themes to start the discussion and underpin subsequent conversations.
- What actions will accelerate or impede the transition?
- Given finite resources, what alternative fuels or fuel processes investments would be prudent to ensure the transition?
- How do external global megatrends influence the investment decisions?
- How can innovation be incentivized by policy to help accelerate the transition?
- Is there a competitive advantage to leading this transition?
These themes will likely surface again in subsequent webinars.
The goal of this webinar is to start to build new conceptual frameworks and shared frames of reference.